cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do STM32H747I-DISCO support JLINK?

Brainchip
Associate

I see that in the datasheet it written it supports stlink, is there any way to add JLINK support?

I used STM32H743IIT6/M7 board previously to play around with the board which supports JLINK, I want to test my code same on the STM32H747I-DISCO board.

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Brainchip​  and welcome to the Community ��,

The STM32H747I-DISCO doesn’t support JLINK for ARM 20-pin connector directly.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nobody asked about ARM 20-pin connector specifically. Both of these support any compatible SWD debugger with appropriate connectors:

• TAG-Connect 10-pin footprint
  • Arm® Cortex® 10-pin 1.27 mm-pitch debug connector over STDC14 footprint

The author is bad at explaining the details, but most likely the question was if/when boards with on-board STLINK-V3 will support conversion to J-Link:

https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/other-j-links/st-link-on-board/

The STM32H747I / H757I-EVAL did provide for a JTAG header, but this board is apparently obsolete now.

I think a J-LINK OB based on the STM32F723 ST-LINK/V3 platform would be a good alternative/option, just not sure what the business drivers are to make that happen.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..