cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA1 Stream7 DMA2 Stream7

StanCosgrove
Associate II

Hi I m using SPI DMA on H7 series, and notice under SPIx_TX and SPIx_RX there are at least 14 DMA channels to choose from, i.e DMA1 Stream 0-7 and DMA2 0-7. Can i select these "channel"  randomly or is there a reference manual that state otherwise? Likewise i saw the same case in USART DMA too, anyone can advise?

4 REPLIES 4

Older STM32 have a fixed connection from peripherals to individual DMA Channel/Stream. 'H7 does have DMAMUX though, read DMAMUX chapter in RM.

JW

ok, which RM document to check DMAMUX? i m looking at 750 reference manual but its not stated there...kindly advise thx.

LCE
Principal

For H723 - H735 it's chapter 17 in the reference manual (RM), directly after DMA chapters.

You can (almost) freely assign the DMA streams ( = channels), just check that the DMA can access the memory area (here: chapter 2: Memory and bus architecture ).

And mind that the lower channel number, the higher the priority in case of equal prio register setting.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

There is also the AN5224 "STM32 DMAMUX: the DMA request router".

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.