cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSPIN3202 example BLDC A2212 motor beeps not moving

luukredstone
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am running into a problem with the STSPIN3202 evaluationboard. I cant get my BLDC motor A2212 930KV 15T with sinusoidel BEMF to spin.
I have tried 6 step sensorless and FOC sensorless. In case of 6 step the motor keeps buzzing stationary so it is wat i think a startup problem. With FOC it just gives beep and nothing more(I didnt forget to change the jumpers according to https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2278-getting-started-with-the-stevalspin3202-evaluation-board-advanced-bldc-controller-with-embedded-stm32-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf ).

For both methods I took some example code from the MC workbench and changed some motorparameters and the Vbus voltage.
V-bus voltage is 11V
For the Motorparameters I couldnt find a datasheet so I had to determine them.

luukredstone_1-1708265129679.png

The pole pairs parameter is determined by spinning the motor with my hand. Full rotation counted (12 steps so 6 pairs).

The board is powered with 11V.

The Rs and Ls are measured with a multimeter and a LCR meter.

The BEMF constant I calculated: 930KV, 930rpm/V = 0.0011V/rpm 1.1V/krpm 

1.1/(2 * squareroot(2)) = 0.38 Vrms/krpm.

luukredstone_3-1708266563089.png

On the startup parameters I didnt change much just default from the example BullRunning Motor 1700kV.

luukredstone_4-1708266728077.png

Drive settings are also all default

luukredstone_5-1708266795973.png

Speed sensing is also sensorless

I have tried both MC WB(5.4.8 and the 6.2.1) and what I find remarkable is that in the 5.4.8 version the speed monitor wont work it just freezes. By the way I am new to BLDC motors.

If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong, I would appreciated that. 

3 REPLIES 3
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @luukredstone;

Firstly, we would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in replying to your post.

As mentioned in our MC Wiki page, the number of rotor stable positions in one mechanical turn represents the number of pole pairs.

If you are measuring Ls and Rs between two phases you have to divide these values by two. Workbench parameter is between phase and neutral.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

Hello GMA, Thanks for answering. I have a follow up question. What do motorparamters like Rs, Ls and the Bemf-constant exactly change in the motoroutput/PWM signal?

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @luukredstone ,

We put a lot of effort into our documentation and would be happy to improve it if required information cannot be found. So, please read it first, and do not hesitate to ask questions based on your reading.

The complete user manual is available from Workbench by clicking on About->Documentation->Documentation. It opens an html file in your default browser (that could be masked by another app). Your screen shots come from older MCSDK 5 version. MCSDK 6 has seen a major doc update. Please upgrade.

Best Regards

Cedric