cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 ZEST Kit & Motor Control Workbench 6.2.1

MoCo
Associate II

Dear Sir or Madam,

I tried to generate code for the STM32 ZEST Kit consisting of trying to evaluate HSO (while waiting for ZEST approval):

1) STEVAL-LVLP01

2) B-MOTOR-PMSMA1

3) B-G473E-ZEST1S

Since the motor (2) is not available I tried using the Motor Profiler - this did not work since some registers seem to be not fully implemented (e.g. undervoltage registers).

Is there something I did wrong?

Best regards

MoCo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello again,

You can also try to disable the SCREF feature by adding a jumper to J1 on the STEVAL-LVLP01 power board. This is a voltage protection between the source and drain and it can cause the Profiler Error you are facing.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello MoCo,

The Profiler flow for the HSO is not the same than it was for classic FOC algorithm, as the HSO integrates its own Profiler inside the MotorPilot GUI. You can find the complete HSO start-up guide in the MCSDK 6.2.1 release note : in the WorkBench, click on About -> Documentations -> Release Note -> Search for the HSO startup guide hyperlink.

We apologize for the confusion.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
MoCo
Associate II

Thanks a lot for the help with the HSO_startup_guide.pdf file. I found this file and tried the workflow on page 9. However - when I click on profiler and start the process I receive an error: ERROR_DC_AC in the profiler window.

I attached a screenshot.

Can you please give me a suggestion what went wrong?

Best regards and many thanks

MoCo

errordcac_20240123.jpg

brettski
Associate II

I'm also getting the same error in the profiler: ERROR_AC_DC_CHECK

As per HSO_startup_guide.pdf I have tried increasing the power setting ('POW:') in the profiler window. as per the HSO_Startup_Guide.pdf, with no success.

I don't seem to seeing any signal on the Motor terminals and there is no change in load from the power supply.

brettski_0-1706068491378.png

Any suggestions?

Gael A
ST Employee

Hello all,

This is a really strange behavior. Could you please switch to Open Loop Mode and see if any current is coming through ?
Also could you send me your .stwb6 project files ?

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello again,

You can also try to disable the SCREF feature by adding a jumper to J1 on the STEVAL-LVLP01 power board. This is a voltage protection between the source and drain and it can cause the Profiler Error you are facing.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.
MoCo
Associate II

Thanks a lot it worked!

Adding the jumper for SCREF worked. I also had to increase the allowed current in the MCW.

Best regards

MoCo

Project file attached. I had to change the extension .txt to be allowed to attach the file.

brettski
Associate II

Adding the jumper for SCREF also worked for me.