cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACIM motor Speed Feedback fault in Motor Control Workbench Monitor

Omer Ab
Associate

Hi..

We are trying to control a 3-phase asynchronous motor. At first, I used Nucleo STM32G431RB MCU and STEVAL-IHM023V3 board to realize this project, as well as available sample code from ST Motor Control Workbench, version 5.Y.0 (ACIM-NUCLEOG431RB-IHM023V3-LSO_FOC) I have generated the code and the motor has run successfully. But this action only worked in "speed mode", while in torque mode the ST Motor Pilot V0.9.7 "speed feedback" always returns when I start the motor. Anyway, our company team made a board similar to IHM023V3 and added some things to it. then I uploaded the same code to the new board and it returned me the same error "speed feedback" . however, the power shown in the st motor pilot is about 800W, which is the case in the previous experiment, when the motor is unloaded, it consumes a maximum of 100W. You can see it in the video below.

I tried to find a difference with the new board and IHM023V3, but I couldn't find all the elements are the same IGBT,Driver(L6390),resistor,capasitor,etc..

Besides, I measured the Driver(L6390) Opamp pins (Op+,OP-,OPOUT,+CP,DT) and the two boards are the same. There is only one difference, that is, the voltage on the OPOUT pin in phase C is doubled..

now i found a solution on this site about "speed feedback" fault https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/

but it didn't work and I still get the same error....

What do you suggest about this problem?

project features:

1- [NUCLEO-G431RB] + [STEVAL-IHM023V3] + [ACIM motor]

2-The following software tools are needed to run the application:

3- ST Motor Control SDK, version 5.Y.0 or later

4- STM32CubeMx, version 6.2.0 or later

5- ST Motor Pilot v1.0 or later.

6- Three Shunt current reading topology (shunt=0.15 ohm)

7- FOC using a sensorless state observer algorithm.

motor specifications:

1_pole=2

2-nominal current 5A

3-Vbus 300V

4-Max speed 2800 RPM

video =====>

2 REPLIES 2
Omer Ab
Associate

Hi..

We are trying to control a 3-phase asynchronous motor. At first, I used Nucleo STM32G431RB MCU and STEVAL-IHM023V3 board to realize this project, as well as available sample code from ST Motor Control Workbench, version 5.Y.0 (ACIM-NUCLEOG431RB-IHM023V3-LSO_FOC) I have generated the code and the engine has run successfully. But this action only worked in "speed mode", while in torque mode the ST Motor Pilot V0.9.7 "speed feedback" always returns when I start the engine. Anyway, our company team made a board similar to IHM023V3 and added some things to it. then I uploaded the same code to the new board and it returned me the same error "speed feedback" . however, the power shown in the st motor pilot is about 800W, which is the case in the previous experiment, when the motor is unloaded, it consumes a maximum of 100W. You can see it in the video below.

I tried to find a difference with the new board and IHM023V3, but I couldn't find all the elements are the same IGBT,Driver(L6390),resistor,capasitor,etc..

Besides, I measured the Driver(L6390) Opamp pins (Op+,OP-,OPOUT,+CP,DT) and the two boards are the same. There is only one difference, that is, the voltage on the OPOUT pin in phase C is doubled..

now i found a solution on this site about "speed feedback" fault https://wiki.stmicroelectronics.cn/

but it didn't work and I still get the same error....

What do you suggest about this problem?

project features:

1- [NUCLEO-G431RB] + [STEVAL-IHM023V3] + [ACIM motor]

2-The following software tools are needed to run the application:

3- ST Motor Control SDK, version 5.Y.0 or later

4- STM32CubeMx, version 6.2.0 or later

5- ST Motor Pilot v1.0 or later.

6- Three Shunt current reading topology (shunt=0.15 ohm)

7- FOC using a sensorless state observer algorithm.

engine specifications:

1_pole=2

2-nominal current 5A

3-Vbus 300V

4-Max speed 2800 RPM

Tarek_ben
Associate II

Hello,

I am a new user of STM32 motor control SDK workbench for the control af an AC induction machine. Did you resolved the issue ?