cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK "Bus Voltage" is weird in case of NUCLEO-F746ZG and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1.

KChie.1
Associate II

I try to control the BLDC with MCSDK. But when I connect the board, the voltage shows 17V. (At this time, I have not provided voltage to NUCLEO-IHM08M1) And I’m supplying a voltage of 24V, and the measured value is 34V.

​Are there any details I missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KChie.1​,

the NUCLEO-F746ZG (Nucleo-144) belongs to a different STM32 family than the one described in the user manual UM1996 (Nucleo-64).

For this reason the control board jumper setting could be different.

In the Motor Profiler select the pair "NUCLEO-F746ZG+X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1" and then follow the configurations info:

0693W00000Bd7vQQAR.pngMoreover, you can check if the supply voltage drop is also present if you supply the X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 without connecting the control board.

Let me know you project progress.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @KChie.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

Did you check all the boards settings according to the Motor Profiler suggestions?

I suppose you are applying the bus voltage to the J1 connector, +24 V right?

Where you are measuring the other voltages?

Moreover, share more details about your software version.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Hi Cristiana ,

I use MotorControl Workbench 5.4.5 , and use IAR debugger.

When I use MotorControl Workbench connect my board, the Bus Voltage value is not correct.

This value should be the same as the J1 voltage.

Mainly provide the board voltage(24V) through J1.

And I check all pin map are correct.(According X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 User manual)

By the way , when bus voltage supply J1, X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 J8 will be hot.

Thanks,

Hi @KChie.1​,

the NUCLEO-F746ZG (Nucleo-144) belongs to a different STM32 family than the one described in the user manual UM1996 (Nucleo-64).

For this reason the control board jumper setting could be different.

In the Motor Profiler select the pair "NUCLEO-F746ZG+X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1" and then follow the configurations info:

0693W00000Bd7vQQAR.pngMoreover, you can check if the supply voltage drop is also present if you supply the X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 without connecting the control board.

Let me know you project progress.

Hi Cristiana SCARAMEL ,

Thanks for your reply.

I follow this page to remove some Solder bridges.

When I read PDF (Configuration when using Ethernet) to know some IC effect, I found like SB164 is support to Configuration when using Ethernet.

So future when I want to use RJ45 to connect my PC to transport some data, I can't do that , right?

I will tell you when I use these board to control my motor state.

Thanks,

KCHie,1

Hi @KChie.1​,

for more details on the control board configuration, you can refer to the user manual UM1974.

Let me know when you have updates on the original problem, to help other members who can have similar problem.

Hi Cristiana SCARAMEL ,

I follow ​to remove some Solder bridges. MCSDK can correct the Bus Voltage.

But my motor still doesn't work.

​Encoder can get RPM, but when I setting target speed, my motor doesn't work.

Do I have to add new problem for control NUCLEO-F746ZG+X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1?

Thanks for your help,

KCHie,1

Hi @KChie.1​,

good news you solved the power supply issue.

If you have new questions please open a new thread.

I suggest you to post the question about MCSDK in the dedicated the STM32 Motor Control section.