cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuning Current Regulator without startup-table ST MC WB 5.4.5

FBuer.1
Associate II

I'm using an STM32F446RE on a custom board with an incremental encoder using 1-Shunt current reading.

The motor runs so far, but makes some ugly noises, therefor I want to tune the current PID regulator, as I assume this to be the cause.

Now here's my problem. According to this all I have to do is set the startup-table to a rectangular shape and use one DAC for a current probe measurement.

But the startup-table is only available, if no sensor is used. Can I mimic the startup-table by using some MC_SetCurrentReferenceMotor1 in Code after Motor startup?

The second thing is, on my DAC set as Ia all I see on the oscilloscope is 2Volts steady with some noise. Do I have to configure something special with the DACs, to see the Ia value?

Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @FBuer.1​ 

Welcome to the STM32 Community

Could you give more details to the STM32 Community about your setup?

That is to say the material you use (HW and also SW): CPU(s), board(s), motor(s), tools and versions, and so on.

And more especially did you use STM32 MC tools and what version of those tools you use (such as MC_suite, STM32 MC Motor Profile, STM32 MC SDK, STM32 MC Workbench, the used example, the origin of the base of your application source code, and so on)?

Please do not forget to also indicate the compilation tools suite you use (with the version number).

Best regards

FBuer.1
Associate II

Dear Laurent

What information is not found in my question?

In the title I mentioned, that I'm using the ST Motor Control Workbench version 5.4.5.

In the first sentence I mentioned, it's a custom board - none from ST but an own build - with a STM32F446RE-Microcontroller.

Anyway my problem was so far solved, even if my question still isn't.

The ugly noises came from the resonance of the motor, as I fixed it to the table.

Best regards