cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input of Motor Parameters from Data Sheet in STM32 Motor Control Workbench

hashiR
Associate III

Hello ST Community,

I am currently working with a motor that isn’t compatible with the motor profiler, so I need to manually input the motor parameters provided in the data sheet.

The data sheet specifies the following values:

• Rs (phase-to-phase) = 16.1 ohms
  • Back EMF constant = 0.121 V/Krpm
  • Ls (phase-to-phase) = 0.140 mH

To correctly enter these values in the configuration, should I input them as:

• Rs = 16.1 ohm
  • Ls = 0.140 mH
  • Back EMF constant = 0.121 Vrms/Krpm ?

Or is there a different approach or format I should follow when inputting these parameters?

Thank you in advance for any guidance!

hashiR_0-1729844289591.pnghashiR_1-1729844313778.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello hashiR,

If you want to input your motor parameters manually, you can create a motor .json file based on an already existing one to avoid having to set your data every time you want to create a project using that motor.

You can have a look at our guide on the MC Wiki for info on every needed parameter.

Also, be aware that the values of R and L given in your motor's datasheet are phase to phase, which does not correspond to Rs and Ls : they should be two times lower than what you have.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello hashiR,

If you want to input your motor parameters manually, you can create a motor .json file based on an already existing one to avoid having to set your data every time you want to create a project using that motor.

You can have a look at our guide on the MC Wiki for info on every needed parameter.

Also, be aware that the values of R and L given in your motor's datasheet are phase to phase, which does not correspond to Rs and Ls : they should be two times lower than what you have.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Thank you for the information.

Could you confirm if the Back EMF constant of 0.121 V/kRPM in the documentation is given as V_peak/kRPM and should be converted to Vrms/kRPM (0.121 ÷ √2 = 0.0856 Vrms/kRPM) for use in the workbench?

Additionally, are the following values correct?

• Rs = 8.05 Ω (phase-to-phase ÷ 2)
  • Ls = 0.07 mH (phase-to-phase ÷ 2)
  • Back EMF constant = 0.0856 Vrms/kRPM

Thank you for confirming.