cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Commands to preserve pre power operation?

SWenn.1
Senior III

Hello.

I am running an x-nucleo-IHM03A1 with a Nucleo-F401RE and a 24BK20-30 Stepper motor.  I have FW that allows me to push a button to arm the device and then 2 other buttons that allow me to run the device using the MOV command to create upper and lower boundaries.  These boundaries are sent to FLASH memory and stored.  While the device stays powered all is fine, that is the boundaries are respected and the motor does not exceed them.  When I reboot both boards I can see that the FLASH is correct and the boundaries come up as expected.  The issue I am having is I am not sure what commands to call after coming out of reset to guarantee the motor operates over the stored boundaries.  If I call nothing (no commands) it seems that the MOV command will go past the existing boundaries when pushing the buttons and create new ones even though it doesn't do this when programmed and continually powered.  Referencing the motor shaft it appears that the delta rotation is the same it's just the boundaries shifted.  I have used STSPIN but cannot seem to come up with the correct things to do with the MARK, TARGET and HOME (GET and SET) commands even within the Application software itself it is confusing.  Can anyone tell me what commands and the sequence I should use to guarantee my boundaries are respected?

Sincerely

Steve

0 REPLIES 0