cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure ADC inputs to detect B-EMF signals in ST MCWB? (WB version 5.3.2)

CPrin
Associate III

We have developed our own MC board, based on STM32F303RE (like the STM32F303 Nucleo-64 board). The pinout is slightly different. In the MCWB I can set the pinning correctly for the 3 phase but in what way can I set the correct ADC input to the B-EMF signals? I urgently need an answer, any help is welcome!

6 REPLIES 6
CPrin
Associate III

It seems that the MCWB is not using the B-EMF signal at all, rotor position is calculated based on the current (FOC mechanism).

It is true but in general if you need to add some features you can modify the .ioc file generated by ST MCWB and add the code to start/stop the peripheral you have added.

BR

Giuseppe

Liam G
Associate II

So is it true to say that in the STSPIN32F0 you cannot implement BEMF zero crossing in the "traditional" way and have to use FOC with current sampling? I was wondering how you could sample the BEMF on the floating winding on the SPIn products.

With the ST Motor Control Workbench it is not possible to use B-EMF in the "good old way", only FOC can be used. For another project I'm using only the STM32CubeMX (and not the MCWB) to check if B-EMF detection can be done with the STM32F303RE and I assume it will be successful. I'm convinced that FOC can/will be better but first of all I have to finish a proof of concept as soon as possible with B-EMF.

VSHAR.7
Associate II

With STM32/ STSPIN32F0 you can use both FOC (without b-emf sensing) or standard trapeziodal/6 step control (with b-emf sensing). However ST Motor Control Workbench supports only FOC. There are some example code available for b-emf sensing mechanism also (refer to STEVAL-SPIN3202 - supports both FOC and 6 step control)

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards