cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the MC monitor with our custom board?

CPrin
Associate III

We have developed our own MC board, based on STM32F303 Nucleo-64 with some different pinout. We do not have integrated ST-LINK like the Nucleo board of course, just a JTAG connector. Can we use our custom board in combination with the MC monitor? When I press now the "connect" button, it does not connect. The code was generated correctly by MCWB, some additions made with STM32CubeMX, code generated for Keil v5 and flashed into the custom board. The software functions in our custom board, serial connection is available and we tested it with a simple terminal program.

5 REPLIES 5
CPrin
Associate III

In the meantime I succeeded in using our own MC board in combination with the MCWB :) very happy with it!

Liam G
Associate II

Hi Cojan. This is interesting and exactly what I want to do. How did you wire the 2 UART signals back to the PC? Through the JTAG in some way or using a separate RS232 to USB path with a COM port on the PC? Thank you.

Hi Liam, I just used the "normal" USART and we have a FTDI FT230X connected between the USART and the PC. This works fine. We use USART1 with different pinout. The best way is to have it configured within the ST Motor Control Workbench, because it will be automatically shown correctly in STMCubeMX. Setting/changing the pinning in STMCubeMX sometimes seems not to be working correctly.

Liam G
Associate II

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards