cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPIN32F0601S3 High Voltage BLDC Motor Drive:

Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

1) How to run demo code for EVSPIN32F0601S3 (As parameters attached) ?

2) When I have EVSPIN32F0601S3 eval board with me do I need only Enter Motor Parameters as in mcsdk to spin the Motor  (As parameters attached) ?

Thanks in advance..

--

Karan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

you can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 Motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? (top-left corner)
  • In the new project windows Select Boards “Inverter�? and choose the EVSPIN32F0601S3 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks.

Clicking on the “Motor�? icon you can select the Magnetic structure: Internal PMSM or Surface Mounted PMSM and all parameters according your motor characteristics.

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

The evaluation board can be used in FOC sensorless mode without modifications, current signals are read through shunt resistors, amplified and brought to MCU ADC channels 5, 6 and 7.

You can find more details on the EVSPIN32F0601S3 hardware setting in the user manual UM2596

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

you can create your project to drive a motor with FOC algorithms with STM32 Motor control workbench following these steps:

• Open the STM32 motor control workbench
  • Click on “New Project�? (top-left corner)
  • In the new project windows Select Boards “Inverter�? and choose the EVSPIN32F0601S3 from the dropdown list. In this way, the application automatically loads all the hardware-related parameters for the FOC library.
  • From the motor list, one of the pre-configured motors (or a generic starting model can be selected)
  • Click OK. A new project is now created according to the starting parameters selected.

A new configuration window appears, allowing the parameters to be set for each blocks.

Clicking on the “Motor�? icon you can select the Magnetic structure: Internal PMSM or Surface Mounted PMSM and all parameters according your motor characteristics.

You can customize your application and save the project by clicking on the save button.

This is the configuration file of parameters used and generate the code by clicking on "Generation" button.

In the generation windows you can set more parameters and after create the custom folder with your library code.

The evaluation board can be used in FOC sensorless mode without modifications, current signals are read through shunt resistors, amplified and brought to MCU ADC channels 5, 6 and 7.

You can find more details on the EVSPIN32F0601S3 hardware setting in the user manual UM2596

Let me know if these info are useful to you, if yes please "Select as Best" button to close the topic.

Hi Cristiana SCARAMEL (ST Employee) ,

Many of Thanks for your update ...

Yes , This information is quite useful for me .

Please update me as below:

1) Should I go for Single Shunt or Three Shunt as Parameters Listed in Msg #1?

2) How to choose PWM Frequency and Execution Rate (Set Same as default )? According to Motor Parameters ?

Any Mathematical Equation for that . ?

--

Karan

Hi @Community member​,

as reported in the EVSPIN32F0601S3 web page the board has a three-shunt sensing topology.

About the 'Drive settings' you can find some useful suggestions in this thread

If you need other detailed info regarding STM32 Motor Control SDK parameters I suggest to open a new thread in the dedicated STM32 Motor Control section.

Hi Cristiana SCARAMEL (ST Employee) ,

Thanks..

Ok .. I will .. I am waiting for the ordered board . I will get back you soon..

Thanks for your concern ..

--

Gurpreet Singh

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...