cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5G9J-DK2 application example "Fx_NoR_Write_Read_File" is not working

digidhamu
Associate III

I encountered an issue with the "Fx_NoR_Write_Read_File" application example. Upon running the application, it consistently triggers an error that redirects control flow to the Error_Handler() function within the app_filex.c file.

Note that STM32U5G9J-DK2 is a brand new board.

Application example location:

../STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.5.0/Projects/STM32U5G9J-DK2/Applications/FileX/Fx_NoR_Write_Read_File

Entering to app_filex.c function Error_Handler() here.

nor_xspi_status =  fx_media_format(&nor_xspi_flash_disk,                               // nor_xspi_flash_disk pointer
                                     fx_stm32_levelx_nor_driver,                         // Driver entry
                                     (VOID *)NOR_DEFAULT_DRIVER,                      // Device info pointer
                                     (UCHAR *) fx_nor_xspi_media_memory,                 // Media buffer pointer
                                     sizeof(fx_nor_xspi_media_memory),                   // Media buffer size
                                     FX_NOR_XSPI_VOLUME_NAME,                            // Volume Name
                                     FX_NOR_XSPI_NUMBER_OF_FATS,                         // Number of FATs
                                     32,                                                 // Directory Entries
                                     FX_NOR_XSPI_HIDDEN_SECTORS,                         // Hidden sectors
                                     LX_STM32_XSPI_FLASH_SIZE / FX_NOR_XSPI_SECTOR_SIZE, // Total sectors
                                     FX_NOR_XSPI_SECTOR_SIZE,                            // Sector size
                                     8,                                                  // Sectors per cluster
                                     1,                                                  // Heads
                                     1);                                                 // Sectors per track

/* Check the format nor_xspi_status */
  if (nor_xspi_status != FX_SUCCESS)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }

Could you please help me on this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

thank you for your report,

I reproduced the problem and entered a ticket.

Edit: Internal ticket number: 180260.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

thank you for your report,

I reproduced the problem and entered a ticket.

Edit: Internal ticket number: 180260.

Thanks @Mike_ST and will wait for your update.

I also had the same issue, wish I saw this post a few days ago. I was trying to port the solution over to my custom project with unexplained errors. Then I ran the example application and also had this same issue. @Mike_ST do you know when an update will be coming?

Thanks.

Hello,

From what I can see, the fix is expected in software package version 1.7.0.

The current version available is 1.5.0.

I'm not able to tell when, as I don't have the planning.