cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H573 USBX CDC ACM(DEVICE)

Eakyo.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am working on device USBX cdc acm with stm32h573i-dk. I am progressing my work from the example in the attachment below.

After creating the project as in this example, I ran the software and no Com Port appeared on my computer. Also no error_handler is generated and scheduler is working correctly.

I am waiting for your help on where the error is.

Best Regards.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-implement-the-usb-device-cdc-vcom-in-stm32-using-the/ta-p/599170

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Eakyo.1 ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Yes you are right,  the appropriate function to set USB33SV bit "HAL_PWREx_EnableVddUSB()" is missing in generated code.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 169024 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Eakyo.1
Associate III

Hello,

I've been working on coding for the STM32H5 series. I attempted to configure CDC ACM (Communications Device Class, Abstract Control Model) on both the H573 and H563 models, but unfortunately, it did not work, and the USB device is not recognized. However, when I tried the H503 model with CDC ACM, it worked successfully. Do you have any information on this matter?

Best Regards,

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Eakyo.1 ,

I recommend you to take a look to this FAQ: USB device not recognized, it may help you.

Also, I advise you to get inspired from an available example like: Ux_Device_HID_CDC_ACM.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Eakyo.1
Associate III

Hello @KDJEM.1,

Thank you for your response. Last week, while exploring the reference manual, I came across the PWR_USBSCR register and realized that it was necessary to set the USB33SV bit. I noticed that if this operation is not performed in the H563 and H573 series, the USB does not work.

In your opinion, why is this operation not performed automatically during the CubeMX to Code Generation stage?

Best regards,

Eren Akyol

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Eakyo.1 ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Yes you are right,  the appropriate function to set USB33SV bit "HAL_PWREx_EnableVddUSB()" is missing in generated code.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 169024 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Can you add the STM32L452 to this ticket as well?

I've been trying to track this issue down for a while now, apparently CubeXXX doesn't turn on the USB voltage for the L4 series too.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Andrei Chichak ,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I reported internally the issue for STM32L4 series.

Internal ticket number: 171432 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

Hi @KDJEM.1  ,

Also in H563  ( NUCLEO-H563ZI ) no working USB , need  to add HAL_PWREx_EnableVddUSB(). 

While we're on the topic...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @AScha.3 ,

Yes, you are right, this issue exists when using STM32H5 MCU.

the issue has already been reported internally.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kaouthar

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Eakyo.1 @Andrei Chichak @AScha.3 ,

The issue is fixed in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

Thank you for your contributions in STCommunity.

Kaouthar