cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we test the demo application for STM32F407 Discovery board with Ubuntu 18.04 desktop? If so what are the software and hardware utilities I need and where can we get those? We are from a firm. Please provide the details.Thanks.

AMuth.3
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
14 REPLIES 14
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AMuth.3​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Demos can be found in the CubeF4 MCU package:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1\Projects\STM32F4-Discovery\Demonstrations\

You can use STM32CubeProgrammer tool to flash and program the device.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
MM..1
Chief II

Yes I have the same question what software tools can i install in Ubuntu to flash the demo application.

Hi Imen DAHMEN,

Can we program the board with serial port interface/connector connecting laptop/PC to the board and open source tools like minicom in Linux, without using STM32CubeProgrammer hardware?

Please reply.

Hi Imen DAHMEN,

Sorry, now only I see like that board has inbuilt On-board ST-LINK/V2-A debugger/programmer, so I just need to install STCubeProgrammer Software for linux. Am I right?

If you have hex or bin file and dont plan change or debug code then yes.

I could not find prebuilt bin/hex file in the CubeF4 MCU package.

Where can I get those or do I have to compile it on my own?

If I have to compile it on my own which compiler is provided by ST for Ubuntu(Linux) OS and where to get it?

Please reply.

I sent it 4 days ago , install CubeIDE it have compiler + programmer + debuger inbuild.

Yes, I saw your post. But I got confused that link as a question how to install that ide in ubuntu and thought you were also looking for clarification.​ Thanks for help