cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are currently doing a design with STM32H725REV. What should we do with the exposed pad in the middle of the package. Connect to ground or floating or?

niels
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @niels​ ,

I confirm that the exposed pad has to be connected to the ground.

This is applicable for VFQFPN package of STM32H725/H735 products. Datasheets will be updated to precise this.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is a recurring question, https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000C4PMisSQG/package-ufqfpn32-5x5-mm-for-stm32f302x6-stm32f302x8

@Amel NASRI​ , can this please be added as a checklist item to whomever are responsible for the DS checkout? Thanks.

JW

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @niels​,

I'm taking the action to check how to connect exactly the exposed pad on the VFQFPN package. I'll come back to you on this regard.

Hi @Community member​ ,

Your proposal is noted & we will try to apply it. Thanks for that.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, Amel.

Jan

Hi @niels​ ,

I confirm that the exposed pad has to be connected to the ground.

This is applicable for VFQFPN package of STM32H725/H735 products. Datasheets will be updated to precise this.

-Amel