cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32H7 programmer

23Prathmesh
Associate II

I am looking forward to making a flight controller using STM32H7ZGT6. But I am in confusion that can I use FTDI FT232RL to program the H7 board which is a USB to Serial Converter. Please help me out, Can I use FT232RL.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know, can you? It is technically possible, but do you have the skills necessary to do that? Probably not a great choice when a $10 solution exists. Not that obtaining the st-link firmware may be problematic as it isn't published by ST.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @23Prathmesh 

Here is an example project shared by one of our customers using FT232RL

Can I drive a 1280×720 display with the STM32H7x7? - STMicroelectronics Community

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

TDK
Guru

Use a programmer such as ST-LINK/V3MINIE with a SWD connection to the board for development.

You can program a chip over UART using the built-in bootloader, but you cannot debug it and therefore you cannot develop efficiently.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Can I create my own ST-LINK PCB Board programmer ?

I don't know, can you? It is technically possible, but do you have the skills necessary to do that? Probably not a great choice when a $10 solution exists. Not that obtaining the st-link firmware may be problematic as it isn't published by ST.

Thanks