cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinout question of STM32H723ZG board

sidney
Associate II

Hello,

UM2407 is the user manual of the STM32H723ZG Nucleo-144 development board. Likewise, the schematics of this board are available as https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1364-h723zg-e01_schematic.pdf.

In both the manual and the schematics, there are multiple references to "PF0/PH0" and "PF1/PH1". See, for example, Section 6.5.1. This confuses me, because I don't see how the MCU pin PF0 relates to PH0 (likewise for PF1 and PH1). As far as I can tell, this peculiar labeling is not explained anywhere.

In the MCU's datasheet DS13313, there are separate pins for PH0, PF0, PH1, and PF1.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? Why is the labeling as it is?

Cheers, Sidney

11 REPLIES 11
LCE
Principal

Compare to datasheet, this Nucleo was made for other STM32 as well, I think.

TDK
Guru

Curious. Your confusion is warranted. It's probably a hold-over from a different chip, but I can't determine what that other chip is. Pin PF0 is separate, shouldn't be labeled as such.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@LCE wrote:

Nucleo was made for other STM32 as well, I think.

^^^ This ^^^

Indeed most (all?) of the Nucleo are generic, and support a range of target chips.

So, presumably, in some variants a chip with PF0 is used, while in others a chip with PH0 is used?

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @sidney ,

UM2407 applies to NUCLEOH723ZG, NUCLEO-H743ZI and NUCLEO-H753ZI as stated in the introduction

SofLit_0-1726842294673.png

H723, H743 and H753 have separated PF0, PH0, PF1 and PH1 pins. The HSE crystal is on PH0 and BH1

I will check internally and get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TDK
Guru

Ahh, it's PF0 on the STM32G4 series. That explains where it came from.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
sidney
Associate II

Okay that explains ... Thanks for the detective work!

It would be useful to explicitly explain this dual label in UM2407 and the schematic. Is it possible to log a documentation improvement request or sometging like that?

You can ask for documentation improvement here, and maybe in 2 years it's still not done...

sidney
Associate II

@LCE wrote:

You can ask for documentation improvement here, and maybe in 2 years it's still not done...

I fully expect this to be the case. Still, it can't hurt to ask.