cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not select version of J-link for debuging

Jan Sramota
Associate II

Hello, I tried STM32CubeIDE v 1.0.0 and 1.02 but I think the somethink important doesn't work with a STM32L422CB and maybe with more new MCU. It's old version of J-Link. I can not set new or oldest version J-link in debug configuration. And also ST-link utility can not work with these MCU probably for same reason. It is really stresful0690X00000AAA9IQAX.png

6 REPLIES 6
Jan Sramota
Associate II

Still can not change version of the J-Link in STM32Cube IDE.:(

Gudgel.boB
Senior

Sorry, I guess nobody knows anything about this ?

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Sounds not possible Thanks UI but maybe updating binaries shipped with tool … ? For sure doing such by your own maybe at risk and pretty sure STM would not recommend … but why not have a try … See <STM32CubeIDE install path>\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.jlink<some id>\tools\bin

Ozone
Lead

Not sure what you mean.

Do you have a real JLink, or a ST-Link re-programmed with JLink firmware ?

Anyway, Segger offers the latest firmware versions on their website for download, inlcuding one to re-program a ST-Link to a JLink.

Toolchain support for the latest MCU versions has always had some lag.

And the less you pay for your toolchain, the smaller the incentive for the manufacturer to do it ASAP.

I using official J-Link Base from Segger. I could use Segger IDE. (Using new tools from Segger and i think it works, but this solution is not for me, because I can not use for comercial…)

It's long time ago, when i Itried. If i remember I tried ST-link v2, but only I could only erase flash through STlink utilty. ST-link with J-link firmware i can not use

because it's limited. (Debugging on custom hardware is not supported and not allowed)

I think the STML422 was introduced one year ago, it is not so new.

I know the segger has a new version of their tools, but I can not set these tools in IDE.

Thanks. I will try this.