cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send an app to my SensorTile using ST BLE Sensor and Create Apps on iOS?

DPifk
Associate II

For my SensorTile, when I open the ST BLE Sensor app then create/use an app in Create Apps and tap Play, I get a "Board scanning has timed out" error message. Everything under "Connect to a device" interacts happily with the SensorTile. What's the problem? 

I'm using the ST BLE Sensor app v 4.4.3 on iOS.

Thank you.

43 REPLIES 43

More good news! Sorry about the small print, but I have sensor data (Date/Time/Temp/rH & Pressure) logged to the SD card at a period of 996ms. I don't seem to be able to get any slower (yet) but that's fine for my tests. Expert mode->build new App by taking log SD app and changing parameters then saving as a new app.

0693W000000UDSmQAO.jpg

Looking much better. I have set the update to 30 seconds. It is near enough!

Updating the App seems to be more reliable at a distance of 3m. Again, it would be handy to be able to debug the upload failures one day.

Anyway, it downloads a new app most of the time and here are the latest results. 30 sec update log...

0693W000000UEGDQA4.jpg

Hi Al, I have a further FW version, if you want / have time to try it 😉

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for 335. I will try it tomorrow, and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Al

I have tried 3.3.5 but it is still unreliable on the Nexus 4. I cannot download an app in expert mode.

I had to use the USB programmer to get 3.3.5 into the SensorTile because 3.3.4 would not do a software upgrade via BT: it kept failing at random parts of the 700k file,

I can load the barometer app.

All variables show Not available for temp, pressure and humidity.

The SD card has not extra files. Just a defaultapp.json plus the ouptxxx.csv files

Can you stream the BT data into an SD file? Plus the reason for failure?

Then it would be easy to debug.

I have rebooted the Nexus and board, but will do that later and see if things work any better.

Regards,

Alister

Hi Eleon,

I see in the source code for OTA.C that there is an OTA_PRINTF function. How do I use that?

Hi Eleon,

SensorTile.box_BL_v334 is more reliable. Please could I have the source code for it?

Hi @AWatt.1​ , under which point of view do you think the v334 is more reliable than v335? About the initial firmware upgrade or about the BLE connection / applications working with Nexus 4? I can attach you the SensorTile.box_BL_v334 version here below, but in general I suggest you to upload a new FW with the ST programmer in DFU mode.

>> Can you stream the BT data into an SD file? Plus the reason for failure?

Yes, of course. You can as 1st step use the Datarecorder example. Please note that to see your ST.box as a mass storage device you have to disconnect your app BLE connection.

Regards

AWatt.1
Associate II

With the Nexus 4 I could not download many apps. I will do full tests later today and let you know what happens with 334 and 335 on the Nexus 4. I have a small job to do testing AVR flash. Back soon!

AWatt.1
Associate II

I have had a long play with 335. Tests335B is a text file with what I have done, so far.

Programming screen shots, in the wrong order!

: 0693W000000V040QAC.jpg

0693W000000V03lQAC.jpg

0693W000000V03bQAC.jpg