cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send an app to my SensorTile using ST BLE Sensor and Create Apps on iOS?

DPifk
Associate II

For my SensorTile, when I open the ST BLE Sensor app then create/use an app in Create Apps and tap Play, I get a "Board scanning has timed out" error message. Everything under "Connect to a device" interacts happily with the SensorTile. What's the problem? 

I'm using the ST BLE Sensor app v 4.4.3 on iOS.

Thank you.

43 REPLIES 43
AWatt.1
Associate II

Battery log files as sent via BT and email....

0693W000000V07yQAC.jpg

0693W000000V08MQAS.jpg

0693W000000V08CQAS.jpg

AWatt.1
Associate II

Apps that write to the SD card seem to fail to download with 335.

One small problem: the BOOT button has fallen apart and two tiny discs popped out :persevering_face:

However, I managed to temporarily reassemble the BOOT switch and loaded SensorTile.box_BL_334 via USB.

I then set up an App to store time, temp, humidity and pressure every 30 seconds to the SD card.

Excellent! Works perfectly, and it has been in our fridge (at 5C) for an hour then in the loft for 2 days.

Once working, the BT link can be dropped and the SD logging continues.

The battery seems to last forever. 😎

0693W000000VDroQAG.jpg

Temperature (above) and rH (below)

0693W000000VDsXQAW.png

Hi Alister, great to hear it! But a question, what do you mean with this sentence? 😅

>> One small problem: the BOOT button has fallen apart and two tiny discs popped out :persevering_face:

Can you please send me a picture of your ST.box (of course when you have finished your tests)

Thanks and regards

Hi Eleon,
Here is a photo of the bits that came from the BOOT button! The discs are 3mm diameter.
I will photograph the Board when tests end in about 3 hours time.
Regards,
Alister
The board...

😅

0693W000000VH2pQAG.jpg0693W000000VH2fQAG.jpg

Sorry about the delay...my e-mail system would not send photos in 'reply' mode. I must log into the community.st.com site to send photos. I think there is a metal plate missing; if you zoom in enough, you can see a piece of metal which holds the PWR button actuator in. The white plastic housing seems slightly damaged.

Thank you Alister, I will immediately share these findings internally. We must improve the reliability of the tool. Regards