cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile.box Pro fails verification after programming

cookao
Associate II

Hello,

I was having fun with the Sensortile.box Pro I bought a month ago. When I reset the device to its factory settings (SensorTile.boxPRO.bin in file en.stsw-mkboxpro-fs.zip) using the STM32CubeProgramming tool, the device blinks the red LED once and cannot be found by the ST BLE Sensor app. This happens for any sample FW.

If I click the "Verify programming" checkbox, I get the following message in the log:

19:28:09 : Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x08000000 (byte = 0xF8 instead of 0x98)
19:28:09 : Error: Download verification failed

Please advice.

Thank you,

A.

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @cookao ,

Welcome to ST Community!

Can you try to restore the Sensortile.box Pro?

You can follow this guideline.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Federica,

thanks for your suggestion. I had successfully restored my Sensortile.box Pro a few times using the procedure described in UM3133 (Chapter 2.2) and a few weeks ago it stopped working. That is, I was able to load the firmware but, after a power cycle, I wasn't able to connect to the ST BLE Sensor App. I also noticed the second LED from the top blinked red once. At this point I enabled the "Verify programming" checkbox in the STM32CubeProgrammer tool, and the check failed.

In order to double-check everything, I followed your link today and was ready to give it another try but STM32CubeProgrammer cannot find my device now. I switched to my windows partition and got the same results. I also tried copying the dtm.bin file to the SD card and I ran the STBP_FR_v04.exe program. It didn't work either.

I believe this is a HW issue as everything was working fine before. How should I proceed?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @cookao ,

You can contact our online support that can help you to understand if it is an HW issue. You can open a request at this site: https://ols.st.com/s/

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Francesca,

I opened this item and waited one week. Since I got no replies, I opened https://ols.st.com/s/case/500Ty000007EQbLIAW/cannot-upload-new-firmare-onto-sensortilebox-pro

The suggestion there was to try the community, and now the community's suggestion is to try open a support ticket... This is not helpful.