cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gyro_bias is not updating

Anil3
Associate III

Hi

I am using MotionGC_manager_update(&data_in, &data_out, &bias_update); library function in my program and i can able to get the data_out output from that function but the problem is bias_update is not becoming 1 it showing always 0 even though sensor is in steady position. what might be the reason for this can't able to debug as it is a library function. thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Petr S
ST Employee

I suggest to download X-CUBE-MEMS1 package and compare your code with the GyroscopeCalibration application, especially check whether you feed all data including timestamp in correct units.

Anil3
Associate III

Hi @Petr S_O​ 

Now i can able to get the bias updated but now instead of motion_GC i implemented motion_DI Library as using this library we get the rotation, quaternioun, gravity and linear acceleration calibration part is also take care by the library.

How can i validate the values that i getting in output for this library?

Martin B
Associate III

To validate library output data it is necessary to measure same data by other means (e.g.: by evaluating real device position to get rotation angles). Compare data and if match within some reasonable tolerance, the output data of library can be treated as correct.