cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are LSM6DSL and LSM303AGR still recomended for new designs?

MK..1
Associate III

Hi

I am updating a PCB comprised of LSM6DSL, LSM303AGR and STM32F4 for a customer. I wonder if these 2 sensors are still the latest and greatest? Or should I better switch to some thing newer?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MK..1 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

They are still recommended for new designs but I recommend you look at LSM6DSV instead of LSM6DSL: it offers the best IMU sensor with a triple-channel architecture for processing acceleration and angular rate data on three separate channels (user interface, OIS, and EIS) with dedicated configuration, processing, and filtering.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @MK..1 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

They are still recommended for new designs but I recommend you look at LSM6DSV instead of LSM6DSL: it offers the best IMU sensor with a triple-channel architecture for processing acceleration and angular rate data on three separate channels (user interface, OIS, and EIS) with dedicated configuration, processing, and filtering.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.