cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no implementation of Low Level drivers for MDMA on STM32H7xx.

SGuic.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I have a project for which we need as fast as possible drivers so we use as much as possible the LL drivers . Yet it seems that there was no implementation of LL for MDMA, even if it seems that all other DMA managers have theirs.

Anyone knows why it is the case?

And also do you know if there will be a future implementation of these drivers?

Thanks

Seb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGuic.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community,

The LL MDMA driver is already integrated in the STM32CubeH7 MCU package.

You will find the stm32h7xx_ll_mdma files in the following driver paths:

• stm32h7xx_ll_mdma.c under the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Drivers\STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver\Src
  • stm32h7xx_ll_mdma.h files, in the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Drivers\STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver\Inc

If you mean the implementation in the STM32CubeMx tool: It is planned to integrate the LL MDMA driver in the future, but I can't give you any target date for the moment.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This can be very helpful for Community users to find this answer more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SGuic.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community,

The LL MDMA driver is already integrated in the STM32CubeH7 MCU package.

You will find the stm32h7xx_ll_mdma files in the following driver paths:

• stm32h7xx_ll_mdma.c under the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Drivers\STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver\Src
  • stm32h7xx_ll_mdma.h files, in the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Drivers\STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver\Inc

If you mean the implementation in the STM32CubeMx tool: It is planned to integrate the LL MDMA driver in the future, but I can't give you any target date for the moment.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This can be very helpful for Community users to find this answer more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
SGuic.1
Associate II

Okay perfect.

Was just strange that the STM32CubeIDE wasn't proposing the option.

I'll just manually add them and I'll be all good.

Thanks a lot.

Seb