cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I display colours with alpha channel in dynamic bitmap?

AndrewM
Associate III

Here: https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/ui-development/touchgfx-engine-features/dynamic-bitmaps I can see how to set RGB 565 colours into a dynamic bitmap. I'm wondering how to achieve alpha blending in a dynamic bitmap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The application does not need to be 32-bit. TouchGFX knows how to blend ARGB8888 into an RGB565 framebuffer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Dynamic Bitmaps support multiple color formats including ARGB8888. There's your alpha. TouchGFX will handle the blending from there.

/Martin

AndrewM
Associate III

Thanks Martin, so just to clarify, instead of having an RGB565 dynamic bitmap (as I currently have), and setting a colour within the bitmap using a 16 bit number and then having to calculate any alpha blending manually myself (which I was about to start figuring out), I would instead just use an ARGB8888 dynamic bitmap and set a colour/alpha within it using a 32 bit number, nothing more to do - correct?

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The application does not need to be 32-bit. TouchGFX knows how to blend ARGB8888 into an RGB565 framebuffer.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello AndrewM,

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre