Did you mean: 

TouchGFX 4.21.3 is out! - Supporting FreeRTOS on STM32U599DK

JMYGI
Associate II

TouchGFX 4.21.13 is now out.

Please follow this link to download it.

4.21.3 Release details :

• Release date: March 14th, 2023
  • New feature: This release enables the use of NeoChrom/GPU2D in combination with X-CUBE-FREERTOS from STM32CubeMX 6.8.0.
  • Using 4.21.3 a second STM32U599/U5A9-TBS (TouchGFX Board Support) running with FreeRTOS is available within TouchGFX Designer 

4.21.2 Release details :

• Release date: March 1st, 2023
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Designer:
    • Fixed crash related to interactions.
    • Fixed crash related to deleting texts in search results.
    • Fixed SVG picker showing duplicates when undoing selected SVG.
    • Fixed physical button names not being visible in interactions.
    • Fixed erroneous code generation for Dynamic/Static Graph widget.
    • Fixed faulty memory usage related to texts.

4.21.1 Release details :

• Release date: January 16th, 2023
    • Fixed bug where locking a widget would cause it to appear in position (0,0) when compiling the code
    • Fixed faulty memory usage when switching between screens
    • Fixed case where importing a Custom Container containing a font already existing in the project could cause a crash
    • Fixed a case where some widgets would not show their used images correctly when copy/pasted
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Core:
    • Solid colors in SVGs would wrongly be placed in RAM.

4.21.0 Release details :

•  Release date: December 19th, 2022
  • New TouchGFX Designer Features:
    • TouchGFX Stock added. Free designs, images and icons provided within TouchGFX Designer.
    • Access to material icons made by Google.
    • New SVG Image widget.
    • New image picker for all image-related widgets.
    • New preset picker for browsing themes and presets.
    • Mouse coordinates shown when hovering canvas.
    • New action for setting border color on box with border widget.
    • Now able to navigate widget menu using arrow keys.
    • Progress indicator widgets now support two new triggers, ValueUpdated and ValueUpdatedCompleted.
    • Ability to close current project from file menu.
    • Designer now remembers start up and save folder.
    • Added tooltips for visibility and lock buttons in tree view of canvas.
    • Added new icon for lock button in tree view of canvas, to make it more clear if a widget is locked or unlocked.
    • Added delay property to move and fade actions.
    • Fixed bug regarding DPI of images used in Analog clock.
    • Fixed bugs regarding linespacing.
    • Fixed bug with minimum and maximum check for x-range in Static Graph.
    • Fixed bug regarding auto-size in TextArea widget.
    • Fixed being able to set negative border width on box with border widget.
    • Fixed disappearing interaction when undoing.
    • Fixed bug with DPI in images used by Gauge widget.
    • Fixed bug with not showing an error when deleting wildcard character in TextProgress and DigitalClock widgets.
    • Fixed bug with long names in interactions.
    • Fixed bug with escaped characters in text.
    • Changing startup screen now results in unsaved changes.
    • Fixed bug with code generation regarding ScreenAnimationEnded trigger.
    • Fixed bug happening when users attempt to open a project with an unknown version.
    • Text field size in Widget tree view increased.
    • Fixed the ability to select multiple screens using right mouse click.
    • Fixed being able to set radius of a Circle Widget to a negative number
    • Fixed text for checkboxes not wrapping.
    • Fixed image icon not updating when changing simulator skin image.
  • New TouchGFX Core Features:
    • New widget: SVG Image
    • Support in image converter to read basic SVG images. These are converted to binary data that can be drawn using the SVG Image widget. See the documentation for more information.
  • New wide text actions and redefinition of two existing formats:
  • WIDE_TEXT_NONE: No change, no automatic line breaks.
  • WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP_DOUBLE_ELLIPSIS: No change, will add two ellipsis at end of the last line in the TextArea.
    • ImageConvert is using updated libpng 1.6.38. Generated images look the same.
      • WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP_ELLIPSIS: New, will add ellipsis at end of last line in the TextArea.
      • AbstractShape::setFillingRule() added to also allow EVEN-ODD filling, in addition to the default NON-ZERO filling.
      • As images on monochrome displays do not support alpha channel, any alpha value is now applied to each pixel before converting to BW.
      • Optimized SlideTransition and CoverTransition.
      • Class FullSolidRect has been removed from WipeTransition.
    • WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP: Changed, will keep adding line breaks and will not add ellipsis.
    • WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP_ELLIPSIS: New, will add ellipsis as late as possible (even mid-word) on the last line in the TextArea.
    • WIDE_TEXT_WORDWRAP_ELLIPSIS_AFTER_SPACE: No change, automatic line breaks, ellipsis will not be in the middle of a word.
    • WIDE_TEXT_CHARWRAP: Changed, will keep adding line breaks and will not add allipsis.
  • Bugfixes in TouchGFX Core:
    • Font metrics are handled better so now font height does not depend on which letters are actually being used. This means that default line spacing might be different - this can be adjusted using TextArea::setLinespacing(). For GraphLabels and ButtonWithLabel, texts might be placed better, depending on your font.
    • Setting a negative radius on a Circle will set the radius to zero.
    • Setting a negative line width on a Circle will set the line width to zero (causing a filled circle to be drawn).
    • More robust handling of timer widgets in cases with lots of timer widgets.
    • Fixed performance issue observed when upgrading to TouchGFX 4.19.0, 4.19.1, 4.20.0 (Removed Container::invalidateContent())
    • Font::getSpacingAbove() return type changed from uint8_t to int16_t to prevent overflow.
  • Deprecated TouchGFX Core Features:
    • Font::getMaxTextHeight() and Font::getMinimumTextHeight() have been replaced by Font::getHeight(). Returns the height of the font.
    • Font::getFontHeight() has been replaced by Font::getBaseline(). Returns the distance to the baseline.

Attention : TouchGFX Designer 4.21.0 MUST be used with STM32CubeMX 6.7.0 or above (link to download STM32CubeMX 6.7.0)

Hope you will enjoy this new version !

8 REPLIES 8
ACapo.1
Senior

Hi @JMYGI​ 

This doesn't seem to be available in "Embedded Software Packages Manager" in STM32CubeIDE, is there a way of manually installing this download into the IDE?

Thanks

Andy

Edit: No worries, I used the "From Local" button on the zip. All installed now.

t.decker
Senior II

I have seen this anouncement and installed the updated TouchGFX Designer, opened my project (*.tgfx) and migrated it to the up-to-date-version. Didn't expect any problems with CubeMX, because it's just a patch-release. Now CubeMX won't work anymore, because this version is not available in the Package Manager yet (als @ACapo.1​ already said).

0693W00000aJBJaQAO.pngPlease release interdependent software packages at the same time, so this can not happen. When will the 4.21.3 be available in CubeMX?

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.

Like Acop did, enable it by using the "From local" option in the "Manage Embedded Software Packages" option in STM32CubeMX like in the screenshot below. You need to navigate to where you have your en.STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.21.3.zip folder, so I guess your Download folder.

0693W00000aJBUsQAO.pngI am also surprised that it is not available in STM32CubeMX yet, I suppose it will arrive very soon. It is out of range of the TouchGFX team unfortunately.

/Romain

ferro
Senior II

Hi,

I do not remember how to install GFXGenerator. Is it done in CubeMX ? But 'install' button is not active there:

0693W00000aJEHNQA4.png 

Hm, I wonder how I installed previous version - I see it in c:\TouchGFX\4.21.1\

Thanks for help

From readme.txt

"You can find the TouchGFX Designer installer file inside the folder

Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner from the X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX package."

\en.STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.21.3.zip\Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner\TouchGFX-4.21.3.msi

Hi,

I think it should now be available online. If still not, in the screenshot I shared above I pointed out the "From local" option in the bottom left. Click on this one and navigate to where you downloaded "en.STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX.4.21.3.zip" file. Within this zip you will find TouchGFX Designer in the Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner. Otherwise if you have downloaded it you can find it in the C:\Users\<user name>\STM32Cube\Repository\Packs\STMicroelectronics\X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX\4.21.3\Utilities\PC_Software\TouchGFXDesigner

/Romain

TLang.5
Associate II

Hi Romain,

thanks for your post.

I reloaded TouchGFX 4.21.3 as you suggested. This brought no result. Both warnings are unchanged. It confirmed my guess that the problem is in the incomplete installation of CubeMX 6.8.0. Further more I checked whether there is a new .zip for CubeMX 6.8.0. Unfortunately it today (23.03.23) has exactly the same bit size as on 13.03.23. So the CubeMX-team did nothing up to now. For I am not the only victim please help to get them working. Without having installed the "CMSIS-Pack" CubeMX is useless. Please contact the supervisor of that team. To fix this mistake should not be a real problem for those people.

Thanks for your help.

Thilo

Hi,

The issue was reported, I don't have any further details on the situation unfortunately. In the meantime please follow the procedure I shared in the other answers to download "from local" the TouchGFX package manually in STM32CubeMX 6.8.

/Romain