cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H757I - cannot use CM4 core

NGior.1
Associate

I have a STM32H757I eval board and I'm using STM32CubeIDE (last version), HAL v.1.8.0

I've setup an empty project using the IDE.

The problem is that the program for the CM7 core runs normally but as soon as i try to start the CM4 program everything "crash".

I have followed all the procedures reported in ST documents on how to setup the debug session.

Can anybody tell me where is the problem?

Why i get a SIGTRAP even before the program on CM4 starts ?

I can provide further details.

In attachment a screenshot of the debug session

0693W000004IFEyQAO.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AAvda.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

I recommend you to follow these resources which provides guidelines to use and debug applications with STM32H7 dual-core for different IDEs:

• AN5286 STM32H7x5/x7 dual-core microcontroller debugging
  • AN5361 Getting started with projects based on dual-core STM32H7 microcontrollers in STM32CubeIDE 

If you have a question/issue, I suggest you create a new thread where you describe your problem with detail.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @NGior.1​ ,

May be you should check the boot options for the CM4 and the linker file are properly configured.

Then, if possible to test and check with different board in order to deduce if the problem here seems related to the hardware.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
AAvda.1
Associate II

@Imen DAHMEN​ may you please be more informative regard how boot options for the CM4 and the linker need to be configured?

Thanks in advance

Hello @AAvda.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

I recommend you to follow these resources which provides guidelines to use and debug applications with STM32H7 dual-core for different IDEs:

• AN5286 STM32H7x5/x7 dual-core microcontroller debugging
  • AN5361 Getting started with projects based on dual-core STM32H7 microcontrollers in STM32CubeIDE 

If you have a question/issue, I suggest you create a new thread where you describe your problem with detail.

Imen

Thanks
Imen