cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS and NVIC Prioritiy - What happend with CubeMX 6.0 Update ?

Colin Bairoch
Associate II

I configured a few working projects with FreeRTOS and CubeMX, but today I notified something strange with my .ioc files.

I initally configured a project with CubeMX 5 and after having configured the FreeRTOS, the NVIC configuration pages looked like that:

0693W000003PjUNQA0.png(Don't mind the red circle specially, it is an old screenshot). But the point is, there were a column to select if the interrupt will use some freertos functions and if so, it applies the priority level according to the parameter "LIBRARY_MAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY" of your FreeRTOS", in my case, level 5.

It was great and clear.

But now, there isn't anymore this column with this great feature with cubeMx 6 which is sad (see picture below)

0693W000003PjbYQAS.png

But more important, in this same project, the priority as been modified without my will to 0 instead of 5.

Unless I am wrong, FreeRTOS API can't be called from interrupt with lower number (higher priority) than the parameter mentionned earlier.

So my project would't be working because of that. Happily for me, I didin't re generate the code, so the modification of the priority level was not applied.

If anyone can explain me this modification with CubeMX6 related to FreeRTOS priority, it would be great.

Or of course, if I am wrong, feel free to correct me please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hs2
Senior

According to this post it's fixed by version 6.0.1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hs2
Senior

According to this post it's fixed by version 6.0.1

Yes I confirm it, thanks @Community member​  for your quick answer.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.