cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 upper flash pages corrupted/erased.

Dear ST community,

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I'm having with an STM32.

I have a system containing an STM32F103VET6. The last flash pages are used to store settings/parameters. 2 redundant flash pages are used.

This system is power-cycled about daily. Randomly about once per month these flash pages appear to either be getting corrupted or erased for no apparent reason, so the system loses its settings. This is during normal operation in which these flash pages aren't erased or written by the software (or at least aren't supposed to be).

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Does you code have the ability to erase/modify those flash pages? If so, that's probably what's happening. Unlikely that the flash is just erasing itself spontaneously.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Do something conspicuous in code which erases/programs the FLASH, e.g. light up an otherwise unused LED. Then try to increase periodicity of problem occurrence eg. by automatic on/of switching, throwing extreme (also possibly automatic) stimuli at it.

And/or do staring at the code, trying to develop hypotheses how could the code in question be executed unintentionally.

JW

MKali
Associate

Hi @Steven Higginbotham​ ,

have you found a rootcause and / or solution for the issue?

If so are you willing to share with us?

Thanks,

Marcel