cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OCTOSPI in Memory Mapped mode with an QuadSPI SRAM

CDan.1
Associate II

Hi guys,

I am using an STM32L552ZET6 and I would like to extend the RAM using an external SRAM chip (23A1024-E/TS), that has an QuadSPI interface. I would like to know if I can use STM32L5 OCTOSPI interface in memory mapped mode with the above mentioned SRAM chip?

Thank you for your answer.

Cheles Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CDan.1​ ,

Yes it is possible to use OCTOSPI in order to interface a QuadSPI memory. This is the exact question answered in the article Does OctoSPI interface support QuadSPI memories?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CDan.1​ ,

Yes it is possible to use OCTOSPI in order to interface a QuadSPI memory. This is the exact question answered in the article Does OctoSPI interface support QuadSPI memories?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For random parts, expect that you'll need to prototype and validate to your own satisfaction.

Check with the FAE's for the part(s) either at the manufacture, or distributor.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CDan.1
Associate II

Thank you for your answers. My concern was regarding the Memory-mapped mode feature using QuadSPI SRAM. From what I read there should not be any problem. Thank you again for your support guys.