cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB power supply cable needed to power up the Board.

ANala.2
Associate II

Hello Team,

I am trying to power up STM32h7b3-dk board , there is no dedicated power supply usb cable being provided with the kit. In case of BeagleBone black we are provided with a USB cable.

Here when we try to connect the board using STM32 Cube programmer the display turns off the board remains in a hung state. So do we need to connect a 5v power supply USB cable ?

Please provide us the description of the USB cable and the link to purchase the USB Cable. Please do the needful soon.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The user's manual has all the options for powering the board.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00610478-discovery-kit-with-stm32h7b3li-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you're connecting to CN14 and the power is browning out, there may be an issue supplying enough power to the board. Ensure your supply can produce at least 500mA.

From the manual:

Supplying the board through STLINK-V3E USB connector 5 V / 500 mA The STM32H7B3I-DK Discovery kit can be powered from the STLINK-V3E connector CN14, by placing a jumper between the pins 1-2 of JP1 “STLK�?. This is the default setting. 

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Yes, it is assumed you have micro USB cables available to you. Just adds cost to everyone to include another one.

It should enumerate as an ST-LINK, with a MSC and VCP device.

When using STM32 Cube Programmer it generally isn't running onboard code as JTAG/SWD takes control of the micro and reprograms the memory. The screen needs specific code to be run to config it and the display memory, one should expect the screen not to auto-magically work absent code in your own application to make it work.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..