cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-DISCO, STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0, TouchGFX 4.13.0

AD�?b
Senior

Someone knows what this means as it appears after compilation after joining Touch GFX:

Unresolved inclusion

33 REPLIES 33
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hi,

Could you provide some image to illustrate your problem along with more details on your setup ?

/Alexandre

Hi!

1. I developed a controller for advertising on STM32F746G-DISCO. I used STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 for Win and TouchGFX 4.13.0.

2. I have now used STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0.

3. I installed STM32CubeIDE and through it TouchGFX with the help of the Installing TouchGFX and TouchGFX HAL Development tutorials.

4. After compilation I have errors like in My.txt.

5. I did not include additional libraries, e.g. BSP

I will be grateful for the tips.

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hi,

You mention TouchGFX HAL Development tutorials, but are you aware that in Designer, you have the Application Template compatible with TouchGFX Generator for STM32F746G-DISCO ?

If you use CubeMX, also, make sure that in CubeMX you select CubeIDE as ToolChain in the project settings. And when you generate code, do not forget to also generate code from TouchGFX Designer.

Finally, make sure that you included the paths to your header files in CubeIDE by right-clicking on the project then Properties -> C/C++ General-> Includes

/Alexandre

Thank you for the suggestion. I check what I'm doing wrong.

I will inform you about any errors found.

Hi!

I cleared the reported errors. The compilation goes without any comments, however, I do not get the image I designed in TouchGFXDesigner.

I have loaded the libraries: Common, ft5336, STM32746G-Discovery (..ts.c, ..ts.h, ..c, ..h).

Why?

Hi,

You mean that you don't see in TouchGFX Designer the image that you imported ? Please elaborate. If you can illustrate with an image also depending on your problem, it would help a lot visualizing the issue as well as providing a relevant answer.

/Alexandre

I'm opening a new project. I eliminate simulator x 3. I do not add any libraries except TouchGFX.

I set up DM2D, LTDC and TouchGFX. I compile. There are no errors. Loading program to STM32F746-DISCO. There are no mistakes. The STM32F746-DISCO screen is black. The screen designed in TouchGFXDesigner was white with one button. I attach the report.

As I can see, you are trying to create an application template from scratch for the STM32F46g-DISCO board using CubeMX 5.6.0 but as mentioned earlier I highly recommend you to generate a project with the available application template in TouchGFX Designer that is compatible with TouchGFX generator and compare the two projects (yours and the generated one).

If you only setup DMA2D, LTDC and TouchGFX,then that means that you do not set the external memories. An asset like an image is often placed in the external Flash (in your case it is the QuadSPI in MemoryMapped mode that access the Flash). As I know more about IAR, when generating an IAR project with CubeMX, you will find a .icf file that tells IAR where to place in the memory the different object files. If the Flash memory is specified then the assets will be automatically placed in the Flash that you did not configure/initialize. There's probably something similar with CubeIDE.

The problem might be something else but try to compare with the project generated by TouchGFX Designer, I think it is the most efficient way to find the problem.

/Alexandre

Thank you for the suggestion. I will act in this direction.

To be sure: do I still have to add additional files to the project?