cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch STM32H747I-DISCO board configuration in STM32CubeMX .

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

As per the section 5.2.3 of the STM32H747I-DISCO board user manual, the default configuration of the hardware is to use SMPS mode but the default mode generated by STM32CubeMX when you select STM32H747I-DISCO board is LDO. Because of this mismatch, the board is bricked.

ST should have used the same power supply configuration in both the hardware board and default CubeMX configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

​You're right @ramkumarkoppu​ this issue has been fixed and it will be available in the 5.4.0 CubeMX version.

0690X00000ApOqmQAF.png

Best regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @ramkumarkoppu​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

CubeMX gives you the choice to choose which supply source you like , so  you can change this parameter under RCC configuration .

Best regards,

Khouloud

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

Hi @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ There is no option in CubeMX specifically for PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY.

​You're right @ramkumarkoppu​ this issue has been fixed and it will be available in the 5.4.0 CubeMX version.

0690X00000ApOqmQAF.png

Best regards,

Khouloud.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

And also Core Boot selection is grayed out. I can't see option in CubeMX to select CPU core. Is this something will be available in the next version?

For RCC both cortexs are available ​.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

I mean, In the dual core micro controller STM32H747, In the CubeMX, we don't have option to enable just one core and disable the other. Is it something possible with the current version of CubeMX ?

​Ah, no this's not possible for the moment.

ramkumarkoppu
Associate III

Can you please add this option in the next version. It will be handy.

​I'll be share your request with the team .

This will be internally checked.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.