cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone point me to instructions on using a ST-Link/V2 with STM32CubeIDE?

Jim Seymour
Senior

I can't seem to figure out how to program flash from within STM32CubeIDE? I have a project for a custom board (using a STM32F030) that builds correctly, but there is no obvious option to select my ST-Link/V2 so I can download the resulting program into flash.

Right now, I have to switch to the ST-Link Utility to program my board - but that seems unnecessarily cumbersome.

I feel like I'm missing an obvious step - but Eclipse-based IDEs have always confounded me...

2 REPLIES 2
andy2399
Senior

You should just need to build the project (hammer) then click the Debug icon (Green bug). You will be prompted to edit the launch configuration and on the Debugger tab you should be able to select ST-Link

0690X000009k9MTQAY.png

Once the code has programmed and you are in debug mode you can remove ST-Link and power cycle the board and your code should run.

Andy

Jim Seymour
Senior

Well, that's clearly the problem. When I edit my launch configuration, I see no evidence of the ST-Link on the Debugger tab.

Do I need to do anything special to get the ST-Link's gdb server installed and running?