cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac installer app for STM32CubeMX5.2.0 fails on Mojave 10.14.4

spectator
Associate II

Once downloaded, the SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.2.0.app exits immediately.

If launched with sudo (from a command shell) an error is reported:

$ sudo open -a ~/Downloads/en.STM32CubeMX_v5-2-0/SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.2.0.app/
Password:
LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed for the application /Users/dev/Downloads/en.STM32CubeMX_v5-2-0/SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.2.0.app with error -10810.

Has anyone found a way to avoid this problem? Again, this is on a supported iMac running Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226).

2 REPLIES 2
Noppe.Jack
Senior

Hi. I have the exact same environment. Every release of STM32CubeMX I have to go through these steps to get the new version to work. I believe it is documented in the CubeMX doc as well.

1. Uninstall the old version. Open a terminal, and navigate into the Contents of the '.app' file until you get to the uninstaller.jar, and 'sudo java -jar uninstaller jar'
  2. Then navigate into the Contents of the installer's '.app' file, until you get to the .exe, and do a 'sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.2.0.exe'  (notice the .exe ... not the .app)

I hope this helps

spectator
Associate II

Thanks for the information about the uninstaller. The installer mentions it, but I had not written that down.

For others following this thread, the 5.2.0 installer is no longer a Jar, but a Darwin executable. Just run it:

$ pwd

/Users/dev/Downloads/en.STM32CubeMX_v5-2-0/SetupSTM32CubeMX-5.2.0.app/Contents/MacOs

$ sudo ./SetupSTM32CubeMX-5_2_0_macos

(...)