Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-L432KC power options

Sebastian K.
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 13:26

Hello,

another question regarding the Nucleo-L432KC board. The user manual states that it can be powered via the +5V pin or the VIN pin. However, when I want to power it via +5V, I can't get the board to run. The red power LED comes on, but visibly the code isn't executed. I have tried several different power supplies. According to the user manual I don't need to change any solder bridges either. When I connect e.g. 9V to VIN or connect it via USB it works fine. I don't have many options to debug this, since as soon as I connected it to the PC via USB it works fine.

Does anyone know what could cause this? Anyone tried powering the same board like this successfully?

#nucleo-l432kc #power
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 21:01

Ok, thanks for the link. What I understand is that apparently SB9 needs to be removed for this to work, which includes a risk that I cannot reprogram the MCU anymore. So I will scratch that option and try to work with the VIN instead.

That could be better explained in the user manual, since it makes you believe you can power the board by +5V without any modification.

Posted on January 08, 2018 at 21:04

I would use VIN or USB.