cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Issues - Infinite Loop

thayden
Associate II

I've got a brand new VM running Windows 11 pretty much off the shelf. I can install and run Cube IDE but when I try to install the STM32CubeProgrammer (64 bit version) I get into an infinite loop where the following happens:

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

- It opens the blue "STM32 Cube Programmer" window, which then closes

- It opens the Install Wizard which then closes

Here is a video of the behavior: https://www.loom.com/share/b3ce5e7a79ad425d840296845fd0c1ed

The only way I can exit this loop is to reset the whole machine. It's not installed, so I can't uninstall it. I tried removing everything, upgrading java, and still the same problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @thayden,

Sorry for the late reply. 

I have tested the installation of STM32CubeProg 2.15.0 on Windows 11 and did not encounter the issue described. I even tried with a freshly installed VM, and everything seems to be working fine. Did the same behavior occur with older versions ?

Maryem.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
FArdi.1
Associate III

Just an update:

Problem is still there using new version STM32CubeProgrammer v2.16.0. After installing, the program is not responding after I click OK button. See attached pic.

I need to force close from task manager. The next time I run the CubeProgrammer, it auto-closed by itself after showing the blue welcome screen for about 2 seconds.

At least the workaround method is still working:

jre\bin\java.exe -Djna.nosys=true -jar STM32CubeProgrammer.exe