cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get this Error when trying to install the Cube Programmer V2.5.0 on Windows 10(latest update). I have installed Java jre 1.8.0_261. Thanks for any help

LBooz.1
Associate

com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.IzPackException: An error occured

• in java.lang.Thread.run() at null:-1
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.run() at UnpackerBase.java:241
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:319

Caused by: com.izforge.izpack.api.exception.InstallerException: File execution failed

• in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:299
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.unpack() at UnpackerBase.java:483
  • in com.izforge.izpack.installer.unpacker.UnpackerBase.executeFiles() at UnpackerBase.java:959

16 REPLIES 16

The below image is taken when the "Execution Failed" window pops up.

0693W00000Hp4pcQAB.png

I found the solution for me which was to get to the bottom of the Execution Failed popup box because there is a selection box that prompts you if you'd like to continue. If you close the Execution Failed window by hitting the "X" in the top right corner, it defaults to "no" and closes the installation session.

What's annoying is that the popup window has no ability to scroll so you have to figure out a way to view the popup window in a way that you can have access to the selection box at the very bottom (ST needs to fix this). You may also be able to select "yes" by clicking Enter when the Execution Failed window appears.

CGali.2
Associate III

Hi! I have a problem with Java too. I have seen that the Cube Programmer Zip has his own jre, but when I try to install ir I get the following message. Do you Know what could be happening here? Thanks.

0693W00000HpoznQAB.png

What are you using to unpack the .ZIP?

Do you unpack to a folder or do you try to use in situ via the Shell Extensions?

They migrated from the Oracle JRE, perhaps it is missing some Microsoft VC Runtime / Redistributables?

Encountered similar errors on fresh Win10 installs and apps needing MSVC120 and MSVC140

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sorry for the .delay. I unpack the zip in my desktop with winrar. I have tried to put into a folder all the stuff but nothing.

I don't understand why MSVC is needed if the program is developed in Java, but i have tried to reinstall the lastest packeet of redistributables and nothing change.

Thanks a lot for your time.

CGali.2
Associate III

I have no problem when I install 32 bits version.

bh1
Associate

I was able to get past this error by installing the program in it's default location. I did this by right clicking on the .exe file and selected "run as administrator". Previously I was not allowed to create a new folder in "Program Files"