cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore stm32f469 discovery kit to the splash screens that came with the board when I first turned it on

neuberfran
Associate III

Hi,

I have stm32f469 discovery kit. I need to restore my board to initial screens that I saw when I first turned on the board. That is, return to the factory system

Pls

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is in one of the older CubeF4 packages, this can be fetched via CubeMX, or CubeIDE, or simply downloaded.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32469I-Disco_Demo_V1.2.0_FULL.hex

You don't need to build the package. I'm not sure what tool chains it supports. IAR and KEIL most likely.

You can write the files using STM32 Cube Programmer, you'll need to pick the External Loader (EL) for the board to have it write the QSPI Flash.

Should be manuals or user guides for the tools.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\Binary\STM32469I-Disco_Demo_V1.2.0_FULL.hex

neuberfran
Associate III

@Community member​ It would be good if the Sir provided the step by step

1) Which ide to use? (because I don't have this directory(STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.16.0

) here.

note: i am using rt-thread studio ide / Windows OS

2) Once I have the file What are the steps to write the file to the board?

It is in one of the older CubeF4 packages, this can be fetched via CubeMX, or CubeIDE, or simply downloaded.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0\Projects\STM32469I-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32469I-Disco_Demo_V1.2.0_FULL.hex

You don't need to build the package. I'm not sure what tool chains it supports. IAR and KEIL most likely.

You can write the files using STM32 Cube Programmer, you'll need to pick the External Loader (EL) for the board to have it write the QSPI Flash.

Should be manuals or user guides for the tools.