cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to my STM32F469 Discovery board even after Connect under reset in STM32CubeProgram

Noel.Dev
Associate II

I have read a lot of threads on different forums regarding my issue but non of the solutions were able to help me out.

I have a STM32F469 Discovery board and I am unable to connect to it. I initially tried building a program on STM32Cube IDE and putting it in debug but was unable to as the error said no target detected. After researching on the issue, I came a across a forum that linked to this page which reasoned out the issue. But this solution also did not help. 

I have attached an image of the STM32CubeProgrammer alongside to highlight my setting.

PS. I noticed that when I set the Reset mode parameter to Software Reset and click Connect. The parameter changes from Software Reset to Hardware Reset. I am not sure why this happens. Could you explain this also to me?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The issue is solved. 

I had not connected the JP5 connector as mentioned on the case of the board. After connecting JP5 it connected and it works.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, a bit weird, where you ever able to program the board, or is this your first use? Is there code or the demo running from the MCU?

Check JP2 is in the 3-4 position to power the MCU from the STLK power source.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

Thank you for helping me out.

Actually I had bought this board from the company I work for as it was lying unused but in good condition. Hence I have no idea of what code is running on it or who had programmed it last.

I have shorted the pins 3 & 4 pins on the JP2 strip to use ST-Link. Also when I connect the board using USB, the LED LD5 and LD6 both light up. LD6 stays in Red colour when connected. 

Hi,

The issue is solved. 

I had not connected the JP5 connector as mentioned on the case of the board. After connecting JP5 it connected and it works.

Thank you.