cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i solve this error? "Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication"

AVall.3
Associate

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dK3cEQAS.png

6 REPLIES 6
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Alexis Vallejo​ ​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Are you using an STM32 board?

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. 

Try "Connect under reset" mode.

I advise you to refer to this FAQ: How to solve debugger connection issues.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Frankenstein
Associate

Hello maybe is too late for a reply, but today i received my Nucleo board and was getting this same message.

Ok, fast explanation, on the Nucleo board on the STlink section theres jumpers labeled ST-LINK/NUCLEO, ok i removed the jumpers because i need to use the STlink to burn my program right? WRONG, removing the jumpers let you connect to the STlink MCU to program it, we dont want to do that.

I put the jumpers back to NUCLEO, and vuala, i can connect to the STM32 mcu.

rubenayla
Associate

In my case, I solved that exact problem by doing this:
1. Press the reset button on the board. (In my case a blue pill)

2. Click connect

3. Release the reset button

It should have connected successfully now.

I don't know why, this morning it was connecting without the need to do that, but now every time I don't do it, it fails. And every time I do it, it works.

HLee.4
Associate II

I had the same symptom when using the STM32WB module.
After changing the Reset mode among the options on the right side of STM32CubeProgrammer to Hardware reset, everything worked normally.

I hope my case helps.

Vijay Krishna
Associate II

If you are using the STM32F103c8t6(blue pill module), you can try, changing the position of boot jumper,

then try to flash your file again, and then putting the boot jumper back to normal again, works for me. 

it worked for me thanks