cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I re-program the STM32F7508-DK after I've done a "Full chip erase" in CubeProgrammer?

ESimo.2
Associate II

I've been playing around with an STM32F7508-DK, and I was successfully programming hex files with CubeProgrammer and running the application. I eventually tried doing a "Full chip erase", and now when I program the hex files that were working previously, the application does not seem to boot. There are no error messages from CubeProgrammer, just the application hanging at the "white screen".

How can I recover the dev kit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ESimo.2
Associate II

I needed to re-flash the original firmware, which is available at STM32F7508-DK - Discovery kit with STM32F750N8 MCU - STMicroelectronics under the "Documentation > Compiled Demos" section. Rather non-intuitive that the firmware is not under the "Tools & Software" tab on that page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

So perhaps missing complete HEX file, some kind of boot loader, or External Loader in Cube Programmer to write all​ the memory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

Features • STM32F750N8H6 microcontroller featuring 64 Kbytes of Flash memory and 340 Kbytes of RAM, in BGA216 package • 4.3-inch 480x272 color LCD-TFT with capacitive touch screen • Ethernet connector compliant with IEEE-802.3-2002 • USB OTG HS FS • SAI audio codec • 2 ST-MEMS digital microphones • 128-Mbit Quad-SPI Flash memory • 128-Mbit SDRAM (64 Mbits accessible)

As you can read this MCU have internal only 64k for loader part, App is in external 128-Mbit Quad-SPI and this require special config for flash named external loader settings in Programmer or IDE...

ESimo.2
Associate II

I needed to re-flash the original firmware, which is available at STM32F7508-DK - Discovery kit with STM32F750N8 MCU - STMicroelectronics under the "Documentation > Compiled Demos" section. Rather non-intuitive that the firmware is not under the "Tools & Software" tab on that page.

Lanceh
Associate II

Hi, I too would like to return my STM32F7508-DK back to factory settings. Now the kit is obsolete the firmware seems to have vanished from the website. Not even in the unintuitive Documentation section.

Where is it available?

Thanks in advance, Lance.