cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of STM32CubeIDE supports managing X-CUBE-EEPROM with "Embedded Software Packages Manager"?

SOfne.1
Associate III

Mikrocontroller: STM32L5

IDE:

1. STM32CubeIDE v1.3.0 with firmware package STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.2.0
  2. STM32CubeIDE v1.5.1 with firmware package STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.0

I tried both IDE versions but didn't find a way to import X-CUBE-EEPROM into the "Embedded Software Packages Manager". When trying to import zip file en.x-cube-eeprom.zip with "Embedded Software Packages Manager" via "From Local ...", I only get the error message that a "Problem during load of selected File" occurs (see attachment). And unlike other expansion software for Cube (e.g. X-CUBE-ALGOBUILD, X-CUBE-MEMS1, ...) X-CUBE-EEPROM is never mentioned in the latest STM32CubeMX release notes.

6 REPLIES 6
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @SOfne.1​ 

Thanks for raising the question,

The EEPROM pack is named with X-CUBE-EEPRMA1 and it's available on CubeMX 6.2.0 Version.

0693W000008xFGnQAM.pngIf you still face a problem don't hesitate to post it, I'll be waiting for your feedback 🙂

Thanks, Khouloud

SOfne.1
Associate III

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

Thanks for your fast response.

I had a quick look at X-CUBE-EEPRMA1 but it seems not to be the same as X-CUBE-EEPROM: https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-eeprom.html

My goal is to emulate an EEPROM within the internal flash of a STM32L5 as described in AN4894.

Unfortunatelly, an external SPI EEPROM can't be used.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Hello @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ 

first I'm sorry for using the wrong input form for my answer to your response.

Unfortunatelly X-CUBE-EEPRMA1 is not suited for my application, please find the detailed answer in my post below.

Can you also help me with X-CUBE-EEPROM?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Tom
Associate II

Hi Guys!

I just Installed CubeMX 6.3.0 and X-CUBE-EEPRMA1 package but no EEPROM category is visible under Middleware Tree.

How do I add eeprom fuctionality to my project?

best regards

Tomasz

HI @SOfne.1​ ,

Same problem here. I have no idea in how to install X-CUBE-EEPROM and use these drivers. Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Fabrício

Hi @FCOST.1​ ,

finally I copied the files I needed manually.

There seems to be no other solution until now.

Best regards,

Sebastian