cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does System clock and To Power mean???

MYu.1
Associate II

1 . what does means System Clock in MCU?

does it mean electronic device in a MCU that issues a steady high-frequency signal that synchronizes all the internal components?​

I want the exact meaning of System clock.

2 . what is To Power(MHz) 

SYSCLK ​in Clock Configuration of STM32CubeMX connected to To Power(MHZ)

What is To Power ?

please reply to question.

Thank you 

***Moderation Edit: please do not post your email address on this website***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please do not include your contact details in these community messages.

1. The STM32 devices provide multiple clock sources. It is strongly advised to read the Clocks section in the reference manual for the respective derivative.
  2. In which document or which software did you find this sentence?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please do not include your contact details in these community messages.

1. The STM32 devices provide multiple clock sources. It is strongly advised to read the Clocks section in the reference manual for the respective derivative.
  2. In which document or which software did you find this sentence?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Peter BENSCH​ ,

To answer your second question: I think that @MYu.1​ is speaking about STM32CubeMX (seeing this similar question).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, @Amel,

correct, meanwhile I also found this question, which was already answered by @Uwe Bonnes​. Unfortunately the RM0390 is a bit short in this regard.

/Peter