cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use LQFP packaged STM32H75x with ethernet?

LMI2
Lead

I am starting to design a simple testboard using STMH75x in LQFP package with ethernet. I don't want to design a BGA board.

Is that possible. I tried same pins into with CubeMx as in Discovery board, but CubeMx did not fully accept those pins for ethernet.

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Of course this is possible, just open CubeMX and enable ETH > MII or RMII, whatever you need for your PHY.

It might be a wise idea to start your design with peripherals, where multiplexing the pins is not that ease or impossible - like e.g. Ethernet.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LMI2
Lead

There is a problem with LQFP144, CubeMX, Ethernet and CubeMX. If I use same pins as in discovery board, some Ethernet pins in CubeMX can't be edited.

Do I understand you correctly that I should add Ethernet first into CubeMX. That is probably a good way.

If you mean that it is wiser or best to start using SMT32H75x with something easier. I agree, I have working boards with SPI and UART. Only diffence is poackage size.