cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created with V1.17.0, Works best with V1.17.0, want to migrate?

RFlec.1
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I can see your point. You're right, the migration dialog text may be a little bit confusing, so let me explain the message behind this warning pop up.

In fact, STM32CubeMX (same for STM32CubeIDE) detects if the project was created with an older version of the tool and if this is the case, it proposes the user to either migrate to use the latest STM32CubeMX database and STM32Cube firmware version, or to continue.

I assume your project was created with a previous CubeMX version ( 6.2.0 with the database DB.6.0.20). Thus, when loading this project with the latest STM32CubeIDE version (with CubeMX version 6.2.1 inside), the migration warning will be displayed.

To resume, the message behind this migration pop up in your case (i.e., working with the latest FW version in both CubeMX version) is that the project was created with an old MCU database. It exists actually a newer MCU database than the one you used.

Clicking Continue or Migrate will upgrade to the latest database “compatible�? with the SMT32Cube firmware version used by the project.

With that sad, this will be reported internally to be reviewed by our development team to see how we can address a modification to make this message more clear.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

So what is your question? Which pill to take, blue or red?

Mouadh JERIDI
Associate III

Hello @RFlec.1​ 

Thank you for your contribution.

I suggest that you use the new firmware version to avoid any problem.

Click on Migrate and follow the steps.

Best regards,

Mouadh.

Both Versions are the same. How many times do you suggest I should migrate?

Many Greetings!

Remo

I can see your point. You're right, the migration dialog text may be a little bit confusing, so let me explain the message behind this warning pop up.

In fact, STM32CubeMX (same for STM32CubeIDE) detects if the project was created with an older version of the tool and if this is the case, it proposes the user to either migrate to use the latest STM32CubeMX database and STM32Cube firmware version, or to continue.

I assume your project was created with a previous CubeMX version ( 6.2.0 with the database DB.6.0.20). Thus, when loading this project with the latest STM32CubeIDE version (with CubeMX version 6.2.1 inside), the migration warning will be displayed.

To resume, the message behind this migration pop up in your case (i.e., working with the latest FW version in both CubeMX version) is that the project was created with an old MCU database. It exists actually a newer MCU database than the one you used.

Clicking Continue or Migrate will upgrade to the latest database “compatible�? with the SMT32Cube firmware version used by the project.

With that sad, this will be reported internally to be reviewed by our development team to see how we can address a modification to make this message more clear.