cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7A3 DAC2 clock enable

AMacI.1
Associate II

I’m using STM32CubeMX 6.2.1, STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1 and STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0. I found that the MX generated init code (LL) for DAC2 calls LL_APB1_GRP1_EnableClock(LL_APB1_GRP1_PERIPH_DAC12) when it should call LL_APB4_GRP1_EnableClock(LL_APB4_GRP1_PERIPH_DAC2). The generated HAL init code has the same problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @AMacI.1​,

Thanks for having reported. I see your point and will bring it up internally to address this modification.

As already mentioned, and backing to the STM32H7A3 Reference Manual, for STM32H7A3/7B3 and STM32H7B0 devices, DAC1EN bit of RCC APB1 clock register is DAC1 peripheral clock enable bit and DAC2EN bit of RCC APB4 clock register is DAC2 peripheral clock enable bit.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

In other STM32H7 chips, this bit is DAC12EN and controls both DAC1 and DAC2 clocks. In the H7A, it's only DAC1EN.

The CMSIS file should be corrected as well.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello @AMacI.1​,

Thanks for having reported. I see your point and will bring it up internally to address this modification.

As already mentioned, and backing to the STM32H7A3 Reference Manual, for STM32H7A3/7B3 and STM32H7B0 devices, DAC1EN bit of RCC APB1 clock register is DAC1 peripheral clock enable bit and DAC2EN bit of RCC APB4 clock register is DAC2 peripheral clock enable bit.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Even though this reply doesn’t directly solve the issue, I’m marking it as Best, since it will help clarify the current situation for other customers with the same question. I will post an update here once the issue has been fixed.

Khouloud.