cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE (Version: 1.11.0) removes freeRTOS initialization code

MSchm.9
Associate

Hello,

I using STM32CubeIDE to create my Code with STM32CubeMX.

With version STM32CubeMX V6.6.1 there where no problems.

Now with the update V6.7.0 and the project migration all the freeRTOS initialization stuff will no more generated.

Following code:

/* Create the queue(s) */
  /* creation of mailboxCanRx */
  mailboxCanRxHandle = osMessageQueueNew (32, sizeof(CanRxMsgStruct), &mailboxCanRx_attributes);

/* creation of mailboxCanTx */
  mailboxCanTxHandle = osMessageQueueNew (64, sizeof(CanTxMsgStruct), &mailboxCanTx_attributes);

/* creation of mailboxEemCmd */
  mailboxEemCmdHandle = osMessageQueueNew (64, sizeof(EemJobStruct), &mailboxEemCmd_attributes);

/* Create the thread(s) */
  /* creation of taskMain */
  taskMainHandle = osThreadNew(osTaskMain, (void*) &taskMain_attributes.stack_size, &taskMain_attributes);

/* creation of taskWatchdog */
  taskWatchdogHandle = osThreadNew(osTaskWatchdog, (void*) &taskWatchdog_attributes.stack_size, &taskWatchdog_attributes);

/* creation of taskCanRx */
  taskCanRxHandle = osThreadNew(osTaskCanRx, (void*) &taskCanRx_attributes.stack_size, &taskCanRx_attributes);

/* creation of taskCanTx */
  taskCanTxHandle = osThreadNew(osTaskCanTx, (void*) &taskCanTx_attributes.stack_size, &taskCanTx_attributes);

/* creation of task10ms */
  task10msHandle = osThreadNew(osTask10ms, (void*) &task10ms_attributes.stack_size, &task10ms_attributes);

/* Create the event(s) */
  /* creation of canRxEvent */
  canRxEventHandle = osEventFlagsNew(&canRxEvent_attributes);

/* creation of canTxEvent */
  canTxEventHandle = osEventFlagsNew(&canTxEvent_attributes);

/* creation of eepromFinished */
  eepromFinishedHandle = osEventFlagsNew(&eepromFinished_attributes);

will now replaced with:

/* USER CODE BEGIN Header */
/**
  ******************************************************************************
  * @file           : main.c
  * @brief          : Main program body
  * @attention
  * Copyright (c) 2022 STMicroelectronics.
  * All rights reserved.
  * This software is licensed under terms that can be found in the LICENSE file
  * in the root directory of this software component.
  * If no LICENSE file comes with this software, it is provided AS-IS.
  */
/* USER CODE END Header */
/**
* @}
*/
/**
* @}
*/

And all code with I try to put between "USER CODE BEGIN Header" and "USER CODE END Header" will be replaced after regenerating the project,

Is this a bug with the new version?

(Controller: STM32F446RCTx)

Thanks for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @MSchm.9​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

This issue is already reported in this Post.

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team.

Internal ticket number: 140318(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @MSchm.9​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

This issue is already reported in this Post.

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team.

Internal ticket number: 140318(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @MSchm.9​ ,

This issue has been solved in the STM32CubeMX6.8.0.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kaouthar