cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBEIDE delete all of my files and folder

STria
Associate II

When I try to create stm32 project using CUBEIDE, I accidentally click "cancel". Then CUBEIDE delete the folder generated by them which it is good. After that, it delete all of my files inside one higher level parent directory. WTF!! This is severe bug. Also it can't be restored easily (nothing in recycle bin). Don't ask about using recovery program, some file is already corrupted (I already try it)

Imagine that you create file on C:\, does it will delete all of my files in drive C: how severe it is..:loudly_crying_face:

23 REPLIES 23

If they'd done it properly ALL the stuff would be in the Recycle Bin, which could then be recovered. Any version of Windows from the last decade or more would have facilitated that.

The blind/blanket delete of something is awfully bad form..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The widows file history wasn't enabled (and i cannot enabled per company policy)...

What's bad, I tried to recover all files with recuva; all were theoretically recoverable... when opening the files there were no readable... garbage inside (I don't know why); lost a few months of work.

I'm not sure how STM32CubeIDE (latest version) manage the project folder (and project related files), but definetly is done in a wrong way as long as all files from that folder were wiped-out (regardless part of the project or not)...

The project crash when tried to download related part pack due to a bad proxy settings... after that everything gone! ...lucky me that I didn't set the root of the drive as working directory.

With CubeMX + Keil and CubeMX + Attolic I didn't experience this issue...

JJug
Associate II

I did also try to recover files via recuva, but I got garbage too. In my case it was nVidia driver who overwrite sector. I hope you find a way to recover project. There are numerous people with the same issue. ST should listen to users and resolve this issue. If somebody know how to contact ST directly let us know and maybe we can send them group complaint.

I was lucky enough to get most of my work. But this is not the case for everyone here.

km.1
Associate

Hi,

Yep I just got done by this bug too.

I was changing the .ioc file to a slightly different chip.

I creates a new project, and imported the old one, then I saved this over my original project.

Upon code generation it deleted every single file, including source files, git files, changes to st code in the user section, everything!

And it was permanently deleted, not present in the recycle bin.

This is the worst software on the face of the earth!

Now I must attempt to recover somehow (which is failing) or start from scratch.

Two thumbs down, and one finger up ST.